Text selection! Woo! This was one of the most-requested topics that you wanted me to cover, so I listened. Just kidding. But it's extremely useful nonetheless. We spend our days digging around the internet looking for research, entertainment, and everything in between. In this digging, we end up selecting text to copy and paste to our heart's desire. With these tips, you'll be able to increase your selection proficiently greatly. The video above (the play button is a bit hard to see) showcases the items listed below.
- Double-click to select a word.
- Double-click and drag to select multiple words.
- Triple-click to select an entire paragraph.
- Shift-click to add to the selection.
- Option-Left and Option-Right move the cursor one word at a time.
- Shift-Left and Shift-Right select individual characters without using the mouse.
- Shift-Option-Left and Shift-Option-Right select entire words without using the mouse.
- Command-click to select non-contiguous text.
- Command-double-click to select entire words.
- Option-drag to select a rectangle of text.
How does it feel to be a pro user now? Good, I know. If you're finding my bloggy posts helpful, you are more than welcome to help me out by getting more people to read these posts! The more eyes I get on these, the more likely I'll be able to keep doing this. Here, I'll even make a short list of ways you can help:
- Go to www.facebook.com/theminimalminute and share the page. If you do this, I will personally call you on the telephone and say "Hey, this is Eddy from The Minimal Minute. Thank you so much for sharing the page! I really appreciate the support. So, uh, how are you doing? This weather is something, right? Heh, okay. Well, I should get going. I'm technically at work right now. Yeah, usually from 9 till 6-ish. Hhaha, oh absolutely. Okay, really should get going. Thanks again for the share!" You can also go to the Facebook page and invite your friends to like it. This is also pretty amazing.
- Send me money.
- Subscribe by email at the bottom of this page to get JUST ONE update per week. You'll also have a chance at winning at $20 Amazon gift card when we reach 50 subscribers.
- Check out the Twitter, Google+, and new YouTube channel! Subscribing to the YouTube channel will ensure that you keep up-to-date on The Minimal Minute podcastings. Of which there will be many.
- Interact! If you're already following and subscribing and everything, I still want engagement from you guys! Tell me what rocks. Tell me how I've drastically changed your life forever. Whatever it may be, it helps influence my writing style and the topics I choose.